Saturday, June 16, 2012

I AM A SUCKER!!!

I have been a sucker for a woman on her wedding day for many years. It started about twenty-five years ago when I saw my beautiful bride walking down the aisle towards me. That moment was and remains one of the most poignant moments during the wedding day, for me! It is one of the reasons my photography path traveled from nature to wedding and event photography.


We, who photograph weddings, are really lucky. We see people on one of the happiest days of their lives. I have never seen a sad bride or groom during their wedding day. Okay, maybe during the father and daughter dance, there are some tears but even those are blended with happiness. I have the honor of being the first man to see the bride in her wedding gown on her wedding day!!  I get to see the moment her dad sees her in the gown and in some cases, witness the bride and groom see each other in private before the ceremony. 


I love our profession, I really do. I also understand the responsibility and professionalism that our vocation requires.
Here are some images of our brides, those beautiful young women, around whom the wedding day revolves.




          We always try and photograph the wedding rehearsal.









































10 comments:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Now aren't you a lucky man, Jim. But then so are those lovely brides who have you take such beautiful photographs!

The Poet said...

Dear Jim,
You capture those one of a kind moments that just cannot be repeated. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

photos by jan said...

Beautiful, such talent you have to capture the love in their eyes as you do. Being a sucker is just fine and dandy when it results in photos like these...

Dangerous Linda said...

sweet photos, jim!

i love to capture the magical moments, many of which you mentioned, such as when the groom (or bride, in some cases) first sees their bride, THE KISS, bustling the bride, grabbing the garter, etc.

thank you for making me smile today!

Melissa Tandoc said...

You are so right! You're the first one to see the bride ~ her reactions, preparations, radiance :)

You have chosen a wonderful vocation Jim and it shows the joy inside you through your magnificent images.

I loved your first lines attributed to your wife :) You are both very precious!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Oh, Jim, as always, your photos capture the moment flawlessly. What lovely, glowing brides! This certainly made my day. :)
Blessings!

desi Traveler said...

beautiful pics and very nice article... reminded me of when i got married...

Anonymous said...

I always love the behind the scenes shots, sometimes more than the actual wedding photos as the people seem just that little bit more real and relaxed. Great photos as ever Jim.

http://lifethrulucylasticaslense.blogspot.co.uk/

Manisha Bhatia said...

Jim man i so love ur photohraphy, indeed u r a lucky man...
How I wish to get married soon n u only be the photographer coz u will give me forver moments...

Anonymous said...

Dear Jim, what makes you a great photographer is your affectionate mind. That's why you can capture the hues of sunset or the blush of a bride with equal beauty. I adore your art.
-Portia