Monday, February 6, 2012

WHAT ARE THE KIDS DOING AT ART DECO???? BY PHYLLIS

Hello, all. This is Phyllis and today I'm doing a blog on some of my favorite images from the Art Deco Weekend in Miami.

Even when Jim and I are shooting from the same location, what catches our eyes are often completely different. Jim is incredibly talented and can find a unique and interesting image in a variety of places. When I'm shooting, what often gets to me are relationships: the relationships that people have with their environment, or the ones that people have with their belongings or more often, the relationships that people share with their loved ones. But what always catches my eye and makes me glad I have a camera are the faces of children.

When you're involved in a multitude of activities for three days, you can't help but notice children's faces. Whether they're laughing, talking, eating or just staring, children's expressions are true. They make no excuses for their feelings and they let you know without hesitation if they're hungry or tired or unbelievably  happy. It shows on their faces. The images you're seeing today are just a few of the faces I've seen.

I hope you enjoy them and can feel what they feel.







         
       These last two images show the faces of children but not of the human variety......Many of the
       people we saw during this weekend had their own versions of 'my children'.




9 comments:

JANU said...

Cute...especially the last two.

Rimly said...

Phyllis loved them. You really captured the innocence in these pictures. Loved the last two too!

Alfandi said...

love those dog photos..pampered and loved by the owners..

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Oh, the sweet faces of these children are priceless, Phyllis! And, you are so right about their expressions revealing exactly how they are feeling.
Loved the "other" children, too!
Blessings and thanks for sharing these beautiful photos!

Manisha Bhatia said...

U r a versatile photographer Jim!

Cute really cute...

Maryhocam said...

I loved the photos, especially the first. I think the facial expressions are great.

Leah Griffith said...

Phyllis, I love how the children wear their insides on their faces. No masks... the real deal. You did a wonderful job photographing them. I enjoyed the doggies too! I have two chihuahuas.

photos by jan said...

Phyllis you captured these children perfectly. from curious to bored and back wonderful photos. The dogs are cute, but the measures up to the face of innocence these children wear. Thank you for sharing these.

Melissa Tandoc said...

That is what I like most about your images Phyllis ~ relationships, faces, reactions and human contact. Thanks for focusing on my favorite subjects -children :) I loved each child you took ~ very spontaneous...hmmm...I've nothing against people who prefer taking care of dogs, I prefer taking care of kids :P...